- N-acetylarylalkylamine + H2O arylalkylamine + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N-acetylarylalkylamine amidohydrolase. This enzyme is also called aralkyl acylamidase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Shimizu S, Ogawa J, Chung MC, Yamada H (1992). "Purification and characterization of a novel enzyme, arylalkyl acylamidase, from Pseudomonas putida Sc2". Eur. J. Biochem. 209: 375&ndash, 82. PMID 1396711.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|