Dr. Anil Aggrawal, M.D.
|Born||August 17, 1956|
New Delhi, India
|Occupation||Professor of Forensic Medicine|
|Children||Tarun Aggrawal (son)|
|Parents||Late Mr. K.C. Aggrawal and Mrs. Kamla Devi|
Anil Aggrawal, M.D., (August 17 1956 – ) is a professor of forensic medicine at the Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. He is known chiefly as the Editor-in-Chief of the Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, which is one of the first truly internet based journals in the subject of forensic medicine.
Dr. Aggrawal joined Maulana Azad Medical College as a faculty member in 1985. Since then he has been actively engaged in research in the field of forensic medicine. He has nine books to his credit, besides a number of professional papers in scientific journals. Among his areas of interest are paraphilias, its psychopathology and laws governing them around the world, forensic aspects of geriatic medicine, and medicolegal aspects of toxicology. His special area of interest is the neuropathology of brain and newer and innovative methods of cutting the brain, so pathological changes could be demonstrated to the students more easily and effectively. He has produced several CDs of brain dissection, portions of which are published in his journal too.
Dr. Aggrawal passed his bachelor degree in medicine and surgery from the University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1977 and M.D. in the subject of forensic medicine from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1982. He went to Edinburgh for higher training in 1989 and spent a year there. In 1996, he was awarded the prestigious WHO fellowship, under which he taught at Shiga University of Medical Sciences, Japan and Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, US.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1992). 1000 Crime Quiz. New Delhi: Rupa & Co.. ISBN 81-7167-084-9.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1992). 1000 Love and Sex Quiz. New Delhi: Rupa & Co.. ISBN 81-7167-094-6.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1993). Some Common Ailments. New Delhi: National Book Trust. ISBN 81-237-0193-4.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1994). The Book of Medicine. New Delhi: Rupa & Co.. ISBN 81-7167-128-4.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1995). Narcotic Drugs. New Delhi: National Book Trust. ISBN 81-237-1383-5.
- Aggrawal, Anil (1995). 1000 Biology Quiz. New Delhi: Rupa & Co.. ISBN 81-7167-320-1.
- Aggrawal, Anil (2001). Modern Diagnostics. New Delhi: National Book Trust. ISBN 81-237-3317-8.
- Aggrawal, Anil (2002). Health Quiz Book. New Delhi: Ocean Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 81-88322-13-X.
- Aggrawal, Anil (2006). Self Assessment and Review of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. New Delhi: Peepee publishers. ISBN 81-88867-85-3.
- Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine
- Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Book Reviews [Sister publication of Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology ]
- Criminal Poisoning Discussion Forum [A Discussion Forum devoted to Criminal poisoning and its medicolegal aspects]
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies